Beyond the Euro-crisis: the Eurozone, Brexit and the Future of Europe
February 27 @ 1:00 pm - February 28 @ 2:30 pm
On 27-28 February 2020, the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano will host the second conference of the BRIDGE network event series, in collaboration with DCU Brexit Institute, the University of Copenhagen and the Central European University.
The conference “Beyond the euro-crisis: Eurozone, Brexit and the Future of Europe” will take place in Bolzano, Italy and focus specifically on the issues of Brexit and the legacy of the Euro-crisis and their implications for the future of Eurozone governance and Economic and Monetary Union (EMU).
Thursday 27 February:
- 14:30: Opening Keynote Speech by Joanne Kellerman, Chair of the Dutch Pension fund PFZW and former Member of the Single Resolution Board
- 16:30: Panel discussion on the Causes and Consequences of the Euro-Crisis.
Friday 28 February:
- 9:00: Panel 2 on Eurozone governance and constitutional differentiation
- 11:00: Panel 3 on the Euro-crisis in relation with money, people and value
- 14:00: Panel 4 on Brexit and the Future of Europe.
- 16:00: High-level Policy Dialogue, featuring Herbert Dorfmann, Member of the European Parliament and Pier Carlo Padoan, Member of Italian Chamber of Deputies and former Minister of Economy and Finance of Italy and Arno Kompatscher (Governor of South Tyrol, President of the Autonomous Province of Bolzano).
The event will close with a Reception sponsored by KPMG in Italy.
View the programme here(note that it is subject to changes)
The event will take place at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, in room D101. View map